Student Grants

Disability Grants for College

With the cost of going to college on the rise, there is a growing need for financial aid. Financial aid opportunities for disabled students are in great supply. There are many federal grant programs available to disabled students along with resources from private organizations willing to support their need for a good education. Here are some of the financial opportunities available for disabled college students.


Even though the government doesn’t offer any individual student grants geared toward the needs of disabled students, there are nevertheless federal grant opportunities these students may be able to qualify for if they meet the financial need. The largest of the federal grant programs is the Pell Grant. It awards students up to $4,000 for every academic year if they meet the financial need. For the 2008-2009 school years, the average annual cost of an education was $6,500. College expenses would have been cut in half for students who applied and were granted the Pell Grant.

There are three other federal grants worth mentioning that disabled students could apply for including the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, National SMART Grant and the Academic Competitiveness Grant. These of course depend upon what course of study the student intends on pursuing and their eligibility. These, along with the Pell Grant, would definitely pay for a student’s full college education. For more information on federal grants, go to

Types of Disability Grants

You can look through local, regional, national and state institutions to find disability grants. If you need help for these resources, your prospective college should have a disability support service office where you can go for more information and referrals.

Don’t wait until you receive and admissions decision or you may miss the opportunity to apply for grants.

Many disabled students are qualified to receive grants which target minority students. They do this because these students are thought to be underrepresented. Here are the types of disabilities students are often given grants for.

Mental Health

There are often college grants available for students who have a mental or neurological disability like autism or depression. One such organization is the Schwallie Family Scholarship Program which supports students with autism or Asperger Syndrome who want to pursue a higher degree of education. For more information on this program visit this site at ResearchAutism.Org

Physical Illness

The Omaha’s Crawford Scholarship is awarded to students attending The University of Nebraska. It is awarded from the college itself to students with a physical disability and is based on financial need. For more information on the Omaha Crawford Scholarship visit Unl.Edu

There is a Florida program and a national program held by the ChairScholars Foundation which provides financial support to those with a physical disability. The award amount varies. However, the national program does offer an amount up to $20,000 which goes toward expenses for higher education. If you’re interested in this program, more information can be found at


Grants are also available for the blind and deaf. For example, the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing offers a range of grants in the amount of $1,000 to $10,000 for those students who were diagnosed with a hearing condition before the age of seven. Blind students who wish to go to college may qualify for the Reggie Johnson Memorial Scholarship offered by the Association of Blind Citizens in the amount of $1,000 to $2,000.


There are things to consider before applying for grants. Many programs have specific requirements regarding disability eligibility. You may need a signed verification form from a doctor and proof of disability such as when you became disabled possibly from social security. It’s important to get these documents in on time before applying.


There are many opportunities for disabled students to receive both grants and scholarships. These are awarded by institutions and foundations all the time. In fact, the National Federation of the Blind is known for awarding scholarships in the amount of $12,000 per year. There is an annual scholarship in the amount of $3,000 given out by the Schwallie Family Scholarship Program for students with autism.

Another important scholarship awarded every year for those students in wheelchairs which goes to help them pay for supplies and books, is the AmeriGlide Achiever Scholarship. There are also several other organizations which offer financial aid to disabled students. For more information on scholarships check out this website.


Institutions receive federal money through a government program called the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act or IDEA. This act helps both universities and colleges become more accessible to the needs of the disabled making the academic environment equal for everyone. It allows them to have adequate housing as well. One important thing to remember before starting college is to inform the school that the student is disabled before the year begins so necessary accommodations can be arranged.

Other Financial Considerations

There are other forms of financial assistance available to disabled students other than grants and scholarships. Things like loans and work-study programs. There are many designed just for students with disabilities. Some students combine these programs to pay for their financial expenses through college. The best place to start is through the financial aid office at your prospective college. Check with the administrator for more information regarding your options to see what is available in your state, what your school offers and what you may qualify for from outside resources.

Federal Programs

Pell Grant

These are just available to undergraduate students and you are not required to pay them back.

Federal Stafford Loan

These are based on need and are offered to undergraduate and graduate students. Their loan amount varies every year and it must be repaid. Interest on this loan is a variable rate. If the student qualifies for the subsidized Stafford loan, the interested will be paid by the government while he/she is in school and during any grace period or deferments. This loan is based on financial need.

Federal PLUS Loan

This loan is subsidized and paid to the student’s parents. If the parent’s don’t qualify for the PLUS loan or the student is an independent, they can always apply for more Stafford Loans. The interest on the PLUS loan is also variable.

Campus-Based Programs

Undergraduates can receive the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant. Amounts vary each academic year.

Federal Work-Study Programs are offered to both undergraduate and graduate students. This allows them the opportunity to earn money to cover the cost of educational expenses.

Perkins Loans are loans with low interest that have to be repaid. The maximum loan amount for graduate students is higher than it is for undergraduates on an annual basis.

If you would like more information on federal student aid programs or would like to fill out an application online, visit or

General Awards

Awards are gifts in the form of money given on the student’s behalf for their academic achievements, background, interests and criteria. When you first start searching for awards or scholarships, ask your parents to check with their employers, check local organizations, the high school guidance counselor and the financial aid office at the college.

Also look at the local library and pay a visit to the department chairman at the school you’ll be attending.


It may be a good idea for your parents to check with the administrative office where they work to see if they are offering financial aid opportunities, scholarships, or tuition reimbursement for the children of their employees. If you are an employee yourself or volunteer somewhere, see if that company offers such a program.

Religious Groups

Check to see if your church may offer a scholarship program. Some churches do offer them.

Professional and Social Organizations

Places like the Elk Club, AFLCIO and Teamsters all offer millions of dollars every year in scholarships for both members and their children. If you don’t happen to be a member, look around for organization offering scholarships in the field you’ve chosen to study.

Chamber of Commerce

There may be smaller grants and scholarships available for local college students through your local Chamber of Commerce especially if you are pursuing a business degree.

One site worth checking out is This site is one of the leading resources for disabled students wanting to further their education. Once you’re on the site, simply register and begin searching for loans, grants and scholarships. It is a site with other topics on disability, but the section on education is extremely informative. Here are a list of sections and topics worth checking out.

News and Events

The news and events section shows what’s going on at various colleges and universities. It has links to articles you can read and lesson programs you can download. You can see webcasts from the Autism Center for Excellence. These are very informative and you’ll have the opportunity to chat with the participants and presenters after the webcast is over.

Student Resources

This section provides students with information on services to help them succeed. It includes support, help with accommodations, preparation for college, work, and development and leadership programs are also available.

Parent Resources

This section is designed just for the parents. It includes an early intervention service, detailed information on rights and laws that protect their disabled student and transition support.

Educator Resources

These resources help aid in the teaching of both children and adults who have disabilities. They include instructional strategies, parent collaboration techniques, and professional development and student support services.

Financial Aid

Of course, this site will also help students find loans, scholarships and grants. You’ll find several links to help you in your search for college funding.

Veterans and Military

The veterans and military section includes information on programs for those in the armed forces and their families. Here, they will receive financial assistance for their educational needs. There are many programs available to those who qualify.

Laws and Regulations

Here, you’ll find a complete rundown of disability laws including The Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA. It’s always a good idea to look these over anyway. You want to be sure of what you or your child may qualify for in the way of college funds.

Research and Statistics

This section has the statistics beginning before 2000 to present day of how paying for a disabled child’s education is now easier and how it has changed over the years.

College can be an exciting time in a young person’s life. A disability shouldn’t stand in the way of someone living that experience. All it takes it doing a little research to find the right financial organization to aid your child with their educational goals. All they need is someone to care enough to start the process.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)
Student Grants, 4.50 out of 5 based on 2 rating


  • Reply Keyandra May June 13, 2011 at 1:56 am

    Hi, my name is Keyandra May. I was wondering if you know about any scholarships that are still open to apply for. The ones I have applied for I did not receive. My grades aren’t the greatest because I just happen to suffer from ADHD-ODD but I refuse to be a statistic. I graduated june 7th 2011 and was accepted into csup. I need all the money I can get and I was hoping you’d help me

  • Reply Steven Graff June 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm

    Looking for Bio Engineering research Grant money

  • Reply MR. EBRIMA COLLEY July 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

    I am a disabled wheelchair user. I got diploma in General Management, Diploma in sports administration fro Cairo Egypt and Electronics engineering services. I want to further my education upto university but am from poor family and they cannot support me at all.

  • Reply richard sales July 18, 2011 at 4:12 am

    I Richard Sales petition to be able to rerepeat two classes becuse iam a veteran and i have alearning disiabity i have PTSD by the department of veterans Affairs i need help can some one me my phone number is 909-889-4217 becuse of this i will be able to go to go back to college. Please can some one help me.

    • Reply Kristi Fisher April 20, 2020 at 6:44 am

      I know this was written years ago but I hope that you found a way to go back to school or found a career that you were best suited for . I’m so very sorry about the PTSD and I know that they are making some incredible headway on PTSD and I know the worlds leading expert on PTSD is Dr. Frank Lawlus who appears on Dr. Phil show and he has a clinic in Dallas Texas called they PNP or PNC center and I would write to Dr. Phil’s show since he has a soft spot for veterans like most of us so . I wanted to say Thank you for your service and the life long service you made with sacrificing yr own mind . I really do pray for you and I hope in our lifetime they find a cure or treatment for PTSD .

  • Reply Sallyanne McLaughlin July 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm

    Hello, I’m the Mother of a Florida college student with Cerebral Palsey. He is so determined to get an education, so that he can live independantly. He shares an apartment & exists solely on his $640 monthly SSI income & $120 in food stamps (I don’t know any 22 year old who can eat for $30 a week !). I moved back to Delaware after he got settled in school 2 years ago, had work, went to school myself, & have been looking for employment for a few months. I am honestly frightened for his mental strength at this time. We all have times when our finances are scary tight. All it takes is a few unexpected expences, & it all comes crashing in. I’m looking for grant funding to suppliment his SSI. He was actually put out of the first school he attended, they chose to refund all funding instead of providing an ADA compliant environment. This was heartbreaking & overwhelming for hm to accept. He then chose a good community college with the same degree program & started again. He had his backpack stolen a few weeks into the semester. His computer was in it, & it has made keeping up terribly difficult. This high stress level has understandibly compounded everything. His status as a student is at risk, he needs to have his bus pass re-upped, but doesn’t have the funds to get to the VR offices. He has a final exam tommorow, him getting there will determine his continued status as a student. A few weeks ago, he signed a lease for an apartment closer to class that would lessen his monthly expenses. This is strictly student housing. If I could find a source of Grant assistance, he can focus on his classwork, instead of panicking at his $0 bank balance. What is the correct languagein situations such as these. I imagine I’m looking for a form of emergency help as well. I’m honestly frightened & do’nt know where to turn for him.

    • Reply Lorraine December 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm

      As I was reading your story, I couldnt help to but to have a deep admiration and respect for your son. I am told that social security receives funding to help the disabled to return to college, but nobody really gets it. Did he get his computer back?

    • Reply Tami Newton March 14, 2012 at 2:57 am

      I was born with cerebral palsy and I am 47 now, I hold two degrees. Every day is a struggle but God has helped me make it. At 47, I can not work anymore but you never give up on HOPE for your son! It’s overwhelming, I truly do know! If you want to contact me, please feel free to do so anytime, (251) 271-0061.

      Tami Newton
      Orange Beach, AL

      • Reply Tami Newton March 14, 2012 at 3:10 am

        I have never go onto a site like this so I wasn’t sure what to say but I do not and I do totally understand your concerns. Please look me up on facebook at “Tami Dailey Newton.” It will show you that you should never give up hope! My daughter is facing college and I can’t pay for it but I have not doubt that God will provide a way. Sometimes things seem so helpless but there are ways to help your child, I promise. I was a paralegal for almost 18 years and worked with special needs children in Birmingham, AL for almost ten years. I am currently a photographer and a writer for the gulf coast news papers. Nope, it is not easy because my tremors drive me nuts most of the time but the fact is that my husband and my daughter never give up on me. We’re trying to get into a study in Virginia but right now, no one will respond to our phone calls. That’s when you remember, never give up! Keep trying. I will be praying for you always and truly, if you need to talk to me, please call me anytime. I am highly functional but I have worked with those who are not. I understand your frustrations. I’m here for you! It’s been a long road for me and it’s not over yet but we are slowly working through it.

        Blessings to you always,
        Tami Newton
        (251) 271-0061 home

        • Reply sherry Guile March 10, 2015 at 8:25 am

          Hi Tami, I am disabled due to a armed robbery I was in 20 yrs ago at work, I have ptsd from that & then when I went back 3 months later a 70 lb wall fall on my head, I have had cognitive impairment problems & I have learning disabilities to. I am going back to college now and am having a lot of problems. I am in the Paralegal program & am stuck in it & now am doing bad & cant find a tutor & there are none on my campus.. I tried to find 1 online, you can get a Teacher or Professor to come to your house & tutor you in any subject but law, its crazy.. so no luck there, I feel so much pressure & I cant sleep & felt discriminated against, feeling I never even received a advisement on what I needed to know or really how hard this Paralegal stuff was or else I would of waited & just got a liberal arts degree & later went on to get a paralegal certificate. I only went to 8th grade because I had to work, I received my ged in 1987 & have taken college courses but just don’t have the good foundation I need, I didn’t even realize they had tutors available until I went this time around, If I did I think I would of finished 20 yrs ago. I believe my lack of understanding & lack of any help with the college system is just bringing me down. I picked the Paralegal program because I wanted to help people, & thought I coukld get into mayby some type of law that would, I decided this in the financial aid office sitting there before applying for my financial aid & now Im stuck because they told me before I started I had to sign the program & I did, I thought it meant just that I was in the Paralegal program, no one told me, if I didn’t like it or changed my mind or didn’t think a Paralegel was a fit for me I couldn’t stay in college or come back!! It was this or nothing anymore,, I started sick with strep throat, & double ear infections, being sick for 4 weeks my dr wanted me to take a medical leave & the State College told me if I did that because I signed that paper, even though I didn’t understand it, I would not be able to go back to college or even take another area it would be done. Basically even if I was in a accident for the next 3 years because im part time , even if im in a accident, & don’t keep up, Im done & fail & don’t get to graduate or get to come back…my medical leave is only good for a transfer, something with some 150 percent rule I don’t understand? Anyway I was just curious I saw that you were a Paralegal how did you do it? I am so frusterated I could scream, I cant even sleep!! I feel so alone…my Property Law class is kicking my but & I cant find anyone who knows it…well thank you, any advise I will take,
          Sincerely Sherry

  • Reply Harley Hiner August 26, 2011 at 5:45 pm

    I am 21 years of age and looking for a $4000.00 grant to go to Barbering school. I have aspergers with a spectrum of autism. I am high functioning however having a difficult time starting a career. I am interested in getting my licenses for barbering and cannot afford it. It is a 7 month class and can be working right away. If anyone knows of loan or grant please help. I am running out of options and need to find a carrier soon.

    • Reply Etian Rivera May 1, 2013 at 7:01 pm

      Hi Harley,

      I hope that you find the money you need. Have You applied for the FAFSA grants? They should be able to help you. Also the schools will usually have a lot of options because they do want their students to succeed and it looks good for them.

      I am currently attending the Art Institute of Pittsburgh on line and want to earn a degree in Graphics and Animation. Like you I am a high fuctioning Asperger’s Syndrome person and was diagnosed since elementary school. They had no real name for it then they just called it a learning disability. It has just been in recent years that it has a name and it’s come into the lime light. Even Social Security didn’t use to accept it as one of the qualifying mental disabilities until recently. I have been battling with them to get benefits and they want me to produce more medical evidence, But I am 28 years old with no ,oney or insurance so I am in a catch 22. Can’t do one without the other. My mothe is helping me but we keep hitting a wall. Most of the clinics that will perform the testing which everyone will accept want anywhere between $3500-$7500 for the testing. I live in California high cost of living here. I cannot find a job there aren’t many around highering disabled people when they can get functioning people with experience and college degrees for what they can pay me. Anyway my question for you is how did you get diagnosed? I would appreciate any help or leads that you may be able to offer me.

      Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

  • Reply richard September 28, 2011 at 10:36 pm

    do fost children who were a ward of the state 10 years in the system and adopted, get any college grants.

    please respond to

  • Reply Linda Brave October 9, 2011 at 3:37 am

    I have severe depression (runs in both sides of my family) and am looking for a grant(s) that I can apply for to get me through college. I’m attending college on a Bachelors Degree program, in Media Arts and Animation, and am getting good grades so far because of my determination to focus (which is hard sometimes to do). I need help with a grant so I won’t have such a high Federal Student Loan to pay back. I’m talented and career orientated and want to work and do my best for my benefit and the benefit of the company I will work for. I need a career so I can work instead of being on disability. I want to be proud of my accomplishments. I need help please, I’m in debt.

    • Reply Mark May 28, 2012 at 8:32 am

      I must say linda youare very determined, ive struggled with deppression for 26 yrs. & have not accomplished a thing i also have panic disorder & if you have that, cause it usually comes with deppression then hats off to u hats off to you anyhow i believe you’ make it took me 16 hrs to get all the grant sites about12-15 im too tired to text im on an android with a cracked screen but just for tonight you can call me & i’ll give them to you. Not a pick up line call:705-221-4230 ill be sleeping. By5am eastern standard time if not call on the 29th about 2pm & youll have them this little phone is a pain but its all i have. Good luck & goodnight.

    • Reply Deborah Gibson December 31, 2012 at 5:15 am

      I my name is Debby, I also have Major Depression. Did you find any grants that might help me too. I am 50 years old, I haven’t worked in 10 years and miss it more than I can say. I hope you are doing well, and thank you

  • Reply sean farrell November 25, 2011 at 3:48 am

    my name is sean farrell i became disable after i had a bad iv put in my arm in 2004 and now am looking to go back to school and need help im a single father of 4 my oldest is 14 and my youngest is 6

    please let me know if youcab help me sean farrell 6176768176

    thank you sean

    • Reply Mark May 28, 2012 at 7:30 am

      Fair enough maybe a little bit overwhelmed fom being on this android phone with a cracked screen & a wifi box for 17 hours looking for my mothers handicap help home repairs grants. Taxes etcetcetc. You are right thank you good night im shutting this thing down for the night. Somehow i get the feeling this is. Going to Sean as. Reply cuse when i hit reply to his message it jumped back to my comme nts. So Sean you are very brave to say that i respect that, now i can tell people i have hepC from iv. Thanx Sean

  • Reply Janice C. Moses December 6, 2011 at 5:31 am

    I have a depression disorder and aniexty disorder also i have panic attack. So please help me out i wanyt to attend school in the fall for culinary art

    • Reply DR. HUERETTA P. lAWSON, Ed.D December 30, 2011 at 10:36 pm

      Hello, Janice, I am Dr. of Education and will be attending AIU Online. However, I suffer drastically from Major Bipolar Disorder IV, Manic Depression, OCD’s, Domestic Violance, anxiety and panic attacks of which I have been prescribed meds for. Since I am SSI and that IS ALL I get, surely we can find some funding for the both of us. If I do, I will let you asap. Sincerely, Dr. Hueretta P. Lawson, Ed.D.

      • Reply marie January 20, 2012 at 1:41 am

        hi i also am on ssi for bipolar disorter manic depression ocd and domestic violance anxiety and medicated for all i need to learn the basics for the computor and some typing i haven’t worked for several years and now have no experince for work and really would like to get back in the working world anyone living or trying to live off ssi knows that it is impossible. so i would take any job at this point but don’t even know how to run a register so some basic life learning skills would be great but i don’t even know where to start

  • Reply Precious December 7, 2011 at 5:52 am

    My name is Precious I, have PTSD trying to find out if someone can help me out to find grands for my disabilities going back to school and I need all the help I can get.Looking for grants for disabled student please reply with info thank you.

  • Reply sawadogo mohammed usman December 19, 2011 at 1:09 pm

    i am victim of polio in my country Ghana . i need support to further my education since i have been able to complete my high school of which i did science and moved on t get diploma in mechanical engineering .Now i an looking forwared to my first degree.

  • Reply Jeremy Pauley January 1, 2012 at 3:03 am

    I’m a 22yr old quadriplegic looking to attend classes to further my education and have more than a high school diploma. I live off of 674.00 per month and that can’t pay all the expenses i have and allow me to attend college, along with afford the equipment needed to do the class work as I’m unable to move from the neck down. so if anyone knows where i may look to find the funding for school and equipment please let me know.

  • Reply S Crooks January 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm

    I am a victim of ‘Deployed to horrible area and now hate everyone’ and looking for a Grant; Chronic Depression and ptsd. Looking at 60, worked for 45 of those years and broke after being robbed of $550k and house taken away-no she did not get it. Homeless and trying to cope, Ceramics, Photography and Jewelry. Need a home to live in to go to school. Soldiering and communication no more, making pretty things for NICE people. That’s what I want to leave to my 9 yr old boy. email me if you have $, Craft, RV, Motorcycle or Boat to live on, San Diego, CA.

  • Reply ALI January 26, 2012 at 6:18 am

    I have a long list of mental illness, including schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression, OCD, PTSD, and others. I’m female and 39 and have been struggling my entire life with employment. I’m currently on Luvox which is helping my OCD symptoms. I want to go to a massage school and I finally feel like I can handle it. I feel that I will finally be able to make a living and support myself. I’m currently on state assistance for food and in the process with receiving SSI. The massage school I want to attend costs $25k. Anyone that can help me even a little to fulfill my dream, I would be tremendously grateful :-).

  • Reply Jen February 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

    My daughter is Hearing Impaired. Please advise on any College Grants & Scholarships available to kids with Hearing Disability. Thanks!

  • Reply Cheryl Browne February 29, 2012 at 11:40 am

    I am a dialysis patient that will like to obtain an RN degree. I am seeking financial support to complete this goal. If anyone has any idea or can help me meet this goal financially please contact me.

    • Reply yolanda James May 1, 2013 at 3:00 pm

      Hey Cheryl, I am too on Dialysis I have been on 15 years had 2 sons while on Dialysis and I am disabled…my first year of college Easter Seals Rehabilitation paid for it so you might want to look for one in your area.

  • Reply Bryan W March 11, 2012 at 2:34 am

    50 yr old disabled man living on Social Security Disability (due to 3 massive heart attacks) just got accepted to Harvard University. I very much want to attend but am unable to do so UNLESS I can get a $10,000 grant to pay for tuition, books, and supplies Income is not sufficient to live on AND go to school. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

    • Reply Bobbi March 7, 2020 at 2:20 pm

      Bryan, you should be able to qualify under FAFSA for Pell Grants – around $4000 a year plus $2000-3000 per year for work study (very light work in school setting) plus Harvard has many grant programs within- I am also currently back in school and just learning how to navigate the system. I have been back for 4 years now. Under FAFSA you have 6 yrs of help to obtain your 4 yr. Depending on what you are going to school for a lot of companies will allow you to work for them – if you agree to their contract (example: 5 yr working contract) they will pay the remainder of your loans.. something to check into. A lot of the schools also offer computers to use/rent/buy at a discount (you can use student loan money/ grants to pay for this. Schools also have discounted housing you can also use grants, scholarships and loans to pay for and can be incorporated into your tuition. Also, check into state assistance they a lot of times consider school or work study to be sufficient or disability to receive assistance for food, supplemental health insurance and housing help along with utility help depending on State, county and or city. Being accepted to Harvard is a huge opportunity to pass on. If you were accepted- I would talk to financial aid I have read in an article that some have actually gone to Harvard being disabled for free. If I can find that article again I will send it in another post.

  • Reply Tami Newton March 14, 2012 at 2:52 am

    I was born with cerebral palsy and I need to find out what aid is there for my daughter, Briana Lucas, who is an honor student at Gulf Shores High School. My daughter is perfectly healthy and wants to be a a Pre-med major at the University of Alabama. However, I am on SSI and I can not work. Briana’s natural father does not pay a single peeny for her now and refuses to assist with college. Can someone please call me from the admissions office at the University of Alabama so that we can get this process underway? Briana’s last ACT score was a 26 and she just took the SAT last Saturday. I have no help with her college cost yet I know that the make provisions for children with parents such as myself. She is an extremely intelligent young lady but I need to know that she’ll have fund available to her once she graduates from high school. She is only looking at one school, the University of Alabama. We do have the PACT plan but that’s not enough for Briana and I can not help her financially! Can someone please call me and guide me through this process. She’s my only child and she’s so very intelligent. I want to make sure that her college needs are met as soon as possible because my health situation is not doing well at this time. I draw $1,250.00 per month from SSI and I can not work. I always knew this day would come and now, it’s here. We’re just praying that God will provide Briana with a way to continue her excellent work and that someday, she’ll become that doctor that she so desires!

    Tami Newton (natural mother of Briana Lucas)
    251 271-006 home

    • Reply Maureen P. April 19, 2012 at 8:57 pm

      Dear Tami,
      I read your posting regarding you and your daughter’s situation, and Briana certainly sounds like a very intelligent, determined young lady with a bright future ahead of her. Although I have no direct connections with the University of Alabama, I would be more than willing to offer guidance/information on the general undergraduate admissions process. (I’m not too sure how helpful I can be, but I hold my B.A. from Georgetown University–where I graduated summa cum laude–and I have a M.A. from Columbia University in Higher and Post-secondary Education (e.g, college administration). I currently work as an academic coach and college adviser for K-12 students, and I have many contacts in the higher ed. field that could also offer their expertise. So if you feel that my advice would be helpful to you, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
      PS: One more thing…your support of your daughter’s dreams is not only admirable, but invaluable…please accept my most sincere compliments!

  • Reply Mary Catherine Englert March 17, 2012 at 12:23 am

    I am a 38 year old mom trying to complete a bachlors in sociology and a minor in Criminology.
    I have a 3.7 grade point average and belong to the Phi Thetta Kappa Honor society and I have Poly Cystic Kidney disease, Degretive Bone Disorder, and Learning disabilites.
    I am on disability and have no money for college does anyone have any help for me thank you.

  • Reply kimberly bray March 17, 2012 at 12:37 am

    hi, i have been accepted to itt college starting on monday,march 19th 2012. im currently on ssi for add,manic depression, ptsd, generalized anxiety,bi-polar,migraines, ,insomnia,and arthritis in my neck. I want to get off ssi and go back to work but i need college first. i was wondering if i could get some help with a grant, i’d really appreciate it.

  • Reply ABRAHAM April 18, 2012 at 3:50 pm

    I would like to thank you again for your supporting & generosity for that you will allows me that in valuable opportunity to participate in the world –foreign competition /OUT SIDE. I am interesting to run in cross-country ,road-race running ,and in Half-Marathon & I get a hold good enough time by them. I would like to run instead of yours really .

    I am live in Ethiopia-single young person , DOB ,1991 and I have been running in Half-Marathon for that a score time 1:04;02 hr/min/sec in the whole game athletics National State Of Tigray champion in local country, I have won in 2011 in road-race running I catch first for 5 km 14:30 in local country . One year ago my score time for Half -Marathon view on the above ,but now on this year 13-2-2012 I made competition and I have achieved better than that year my score time , and caught fifth place in Half-Marathon .The competition was tough but I made it through fifth place /5th place / in the whole games of National State of Tigray champion .The competition was with clubs of professionals & amateurs which they run few of them in a foreign country.

  • Reply Linda T. April 26, 2012 at 2:06 am

    I am a 39 year old mentally disabled female. I receive SSD and SSI. I suffer from depression, anxiety, panic disorders, PTSD, all day myoclonic jerks, insomnia, I am an adult survivor of abuse, chronic sinusitis and chronic neck pain. I would dearly love to be able to go back to college. I attended one semester at Cleveland State University and afterwards had to drop out due to life happening.
    I graduated valedictorian from high school, my ACT score was 19 and my SAT combined was 1080. All of the college money I was able to receive has long since left. I would like to go back to Cleveland State again and feel that I am ready to tackle the caseload. If anyone knows of any grants or possibly scholarships that can help, I would be greatly appreciative. As of now, I believe my major would be more math based, since that was always my best and favorite subject.

    • Reply Linda T. April 28, 2012 at 5:33 am

      Sorry. I had to double check my papers. I got a 27 on the ACT not 19. Thanks for understanding, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve looked at those old scores. 🙂

  • Reply Melissa May 1, 2012 at 10:09 pm

    My son is an amputee since he was one year old. Does anyone know of grants or scholorships for amputees.

    • Reply Jan March 8, 2013 at 7:39 pm

      I am also attempting to help my daughter who is a triple amputee due to a blood vurus that occurred at age 2. She has had over 80 surgeries for the complications that caused by this virus. She is now at 28 able to go to school and get her degree. Her dream is to be a Social Worker and several Hospitals have already expressed they want to hire her as soon as she completes her degree. In between surgeries and treatments she has already completed almost 2 years. She is classified as permanently disabled. She has actively operated a Vlog free of cost to help others. She volunteers to help support groups in Seattle at the hospital. She needs to do this type of work as it is her calling. I do not have the capacity to help much financially. Is there anyone who can help her. Please help us make thus dream come true.

  • Reply Sheila Dunn May 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm

    I am 59 and disabled from back surgery, arthritis in back, neck , hips. My husband is disabled too. He has short term memory loss from a stroke, bipolar disorder, arthritis and Parkinson’s disease. I have to be with him 24/7 to help with his medications and to make sure he doesn’t wander off. I want to get a diploma in medical billing and coding. But we have no money. we barely make it month to month. We have a $360 car payment,too

  • Reply Mark May 28, 2012 at 7:19 am

    It took me 28 yrs. To finally figure out what kind of carreer i belong in because my heart is in it 1000%. Its called Cyberlaw in Cyberspace. They protect & watch over children, s chatrooms & probably alot more. I have known at least 40 people that have been sexually molested. I have no merci for these people its a choice they make thats it thats all. They belong wherever for life, one day the laws will be mch tougher. I would love to do my part & in a funny way it would bring peace & healing to myself as well. Not that i expect anyhing in return, but i just know in my heart its my true calling to where i belong. Your workplace has 100% to do with fitting in, self confidence & esteem, pride sence of well being,self respect etcetcetc. This i know because i used to be a workaholic.can i qualify for a grant online distant education?

  • Reply Mark May 28, 2012 at 8:51 am

    I am a 41 year old male who just today had an epiphany. I was web surfing for 16 hours loking for alot of different fundin for my mother, who cant walk & stuff for othere.i come across a course in Cyberlaw in Cyberspace. I felt it in my heart that thwt is the workplace for me. Can anyone help me for a grant of some sort i want to do it online. I dnt even have a laptop. I am in need of fnancial help. If you can walk me through this or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanx. Mark

  • Reply yvonne June 11, 2012 at 2:31 am

    hi i am a singel mother of 3 i have 2 disabled my daughter is 25 she is slow my son 23 now born with cerebral palsy and has a mind of a 5 yrs old I need to find out what aid is there for my son and daughter im doing the best i can my other son is 17 passed to 11th he wants to go to collage to . i really need help my 23 yr old was in the hosptil in 1/21/12 to 2/8/12 in ICU thy want to go to collage were can i gt help.. god bless you all
    thanks yvonne

  • Reply Mark J Morgan June 14, 2012 at 2:36 am

    I am 49 years old and on disability. I just got divorced and now I am going to peruse my dream Og Gaming development. It is a 3 year program. I need so much…Living on well I started 400.00 a month and now its 800.00 a month. My rent is 600.00 and I have a 20.00 payment for phone,40 internet and 30 electric bill. I have no car. I have applied for Westwood college and will start Aug 3rd, 2012. I really need help down to my clothing and shoes! If anyone knows where there is grant moneys to help out it would be great. I have a 8 year old son and I want him to see that its never too late to go after your dream and to grab it as early as possible! Thanks for listening to me and god bless.
    Mark J Morgan

  • Reply Anthony Fasanella June 24, 2012 at 6:43 pm

    Partly I hate to bother you with my story gets very long about 25 years ago I got hit in the head with a baseball I was out for 3 weeks couldn’t read good right then you know who I was it through me through the federal system like they were thrown a baseball themselves I need a private tutor I want to learn to read and write like everyone else I have lost so much I could even read a little storybook to my grandchild everyday and it broke my heart please you’ve got to be able to help me I beg of you to help me I need a tutor to teach me to read and write over writer read guidebook to my grandchild means more to me than any of their world I am spelling this am one of those wordprocessors on the computer so I don’t ignore these words are coming out right please call me at 818-253-5761 I would very much appreciate it I really really need your help I would do anything that you would help me anything thank you so much and God bless you Anthony Fasanella 15552 Vanowen St #4 Van Nuys CA 91406 and this is my address thank you and God bless you

  • Reply rhonda w July 21, 2012 at 5:53 am

    Hi, i am also on ssdi, i know here soc sec has a ticket to work program that has sponsers to help w a job or going back to school. Ask ur soc sec office

  • Reply unknown August 10, 2012 at 10:44 pm

    I Pray that GOD would bring hope into your hearts minds and spirits.Each and everyone of you are in my deepest thoughts and prayers. I now pray that GOD would give me the ability to gain wealth i would Love to reach out to each and everyone of you personally financially if i could.But i promise each and every one of you this i will strive to do all that i can to better myself to help everyday people like yourselves everyday this day forward for the rest of my life. I don’t live for myself i live to help and fight for people like each and every one of you. Were there is a will there is a way….First seek ye the kingdom of haven and all these things shall be added unto you.Love each of you.Never forget that you are deeply loved and needed.

  • Reply erika August 31, 2012 at 3:11 am

    i am 24yrs old i got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when i was 21. Since then i have lost most vision on my left eye and i am now losing vision on my right eye. i also have relaps pretty often. I always have nausea, left side of my body goes numb, and ive had many emotions. I still want to continue going to school but its so hard. I dont qualify for financial aid because i have droped to many classes due to relaps. I have got my disability denied 3 times. My mother got diagnosed with breast cancer wich makes evrything even harder in many ways including financially. My father takes care of evrything in our house he takes care of my mother with breast cancer, me with MS, and all our finances. This has made me want to try and finish school even more because it opened up my eyes to realise that my parents may not always be hear. I would just like somebody to help me find some grants i can apply for or that can just suggest some helpful stuff.

  • Reply Richard Hernandez September 7, 2012 at 2:09 am

    Hi I have a disability called bipolar disorder. I am on disability I am in school but I need help with funding so far I have put into school all my money from disability and have none left. I applied for a fasfa grant and it was denied so I put in an appeal to get it going. It has been real hard with little help from people and living alone and isolated. I need to get out of my shell but it’s hard to trust people after my accident. Can you help me?

  • Reply Patricia October 11, 2012 at 7:49 am

    My son wants to get his masters he wants to coach at college level.He is still trying to pay his other loans and working part time and trying to pay everything on his own his has always had a learning disability since he was a child he did graduate and plays college sports for a Div1 college and is determine to get his masters. Is there anywhere he can get disability and minority grants?Thanks for your help in this matter.

  • Reply jodee December 30, 2012 at 5:51 am

    hello my name is jo, i have the seizure disorder~ epilepsy. I was terminated from my last palce of employment because of my epilepsy. I have been home now for over a year now. I wish to further my education. I want to be true to myself, and give myself a chance to grow. I am strong I refuse to let the disorder define me… If you know of any assistance please let me know.

    • Reply Ginelle Pietropollo October 24, 2019 at 1:09 am

      We’re you ever able to get funding for school for your Epilepsy?

  • Reply Crystal Franklin-Bates January 27, 2013 at 12:55 am

    I have a bachelor’s and a master’s degree. I am disabled with a number of things. I want to work as Licensed Clincial Addiction Specialist. I want off SSDI. Also, I would work as a counselor for persons with disabilities. I could relate and advise them. A community college would be ideal.
    I need money for certification only for the LCAS. Help!!!!!!!
    I am in North Carolina. The Charlotte, North Carolina area any monetery assistance would help.
    Call me 704-788-4669. Kris

    • Reply Rachel January 3, 2022 at 9:58 am

      DId you ever get your certification? I’m interested to know how things have turned out for you. I’m in a similar situation myself.

  • Reply Ashley March 30, 2013 at 12:42 am

    I am 26 years old looking to go back to school for veterinary assistant, possibly vet tech. My problem is I was born with mild spastic diplegic cerebral palsy, have a learning disability in math, and was diagnosed with Degerative Spondylosis (degenerating cartilage in L3-5) 2 years ago (after dealing with the symptoms for 5 years & kept on getting misdiagnosed & not knowing what the real problem was) I don’t have anymore cartilage in my tailbone so you can imagine what it’s like to sit for long periods, I also have arthritis in my back & sciatica in my right leg that goes all the way to my calf because of the this.

    I have tried to go to college 3 times already, but have had to drop out because of personal reasons. Now I owe a lot of money back to the government..probably about 40G, but the problem is it’s impossible for me to get a job, people say they don’t discriminate, but it happens to me all the time. I am on SSI but I only make 710/mo, my fiancee is also on SSI for ADHD and he makes less than I do, so by the time we pay monthly bills, fill my gas hog vehicle up, house stuff & stuff for my animals, we have maybe 145 left. I really really want to go back to school, but I am unsure of if any grants/scholarships/loans if I have to have them that are avaliable to me. I live in AZ but if anybody can help me with finding where I can get the ball rolling with this, or if anyone knows how I might be able to get government help with possibly paying school for me, I’d appreciate it.

    being a vet tech or assistant has been a dream of mine since I was 9..I thought about being a veterinarian but it’s 8 years of school, and I’ve already tried school 3 times…..maybe the 4th time is the charm, if I go to school for something that is quick (assistant is 9 mo/tech is 18…assistant is a lil over 15 G, tech is 17 G so I need all the financial assistance I can get, considering what little money I have, and how much I already owe)

  • Reply lisa freeman April 25, 2013 at 12:40 am

    I am try to get grant , for my education , I only have 2 years left in college as a undergranduate as junor . i am try to get free-money , and for books and tution lab fees and living and expense for college.

  • Reply krissi thompson June 3, 2013 at 9:11 pm

    I am looking for funding to return to college. I want to go to a bible college for a 2 yr program, which you receive a certificate upon completion. It is for ministry. ive been physically disabled for 10 yrs and my ss disability will not be sufficient for me to achieve my dream.

  • Reply Jennifer June 20, 2013 at 4:21 pm

    Hello my name is Jennifer and I am 43 years old and I am wanting to go back to school. I was diagnosed with cancer in September of 02 and at that time I was in school called Jeff Davis Community College. I had to with draw because I was about to start treatments and I was not going to be able to continue my education at that time. I asked one of the ladies in the business office if I would be able to go back to school once everything was taken care of and the lady said yes, but turns out she was wrong and now I can not go back because I owe them some money. But the lady in the office did not explain any of that too me. She said since I was having to withdraw because of medical reasons, going back would not be a problem. Now I am wanting to go back to school and I can not because of this money that I owe them. I can not afford to repay it because I am on disability and I do not get a great deal of money and what I get, goes straight to bills and food. Is there a program out there some where that will repay this debt for me so I can go back to school and get an education? I am wanting to take the classes online. Please let me know if there is away I can get help with this debt so I can make my dreams come true. Take care and God Bless.


  • Reply Godfrey Iwu August 24, 2013 at 11:38 pm

    I just love to ask, what must I do to attract a grant. I’m disabled as a result of a Stroke. I am not working because, employer do not want to hire me when they see I have stroke. I am eager to go to school and to be able to pay my full tuition, I have to look for a grant. Help in JESUS name. Amen.

  • Reply Shelly September 11, 2013 at 8:18 pm

    I am looking for information on scholarships for stroke survivors. I had 2 strokes and suffer from short term memory loss. I am in my 40’s as well so its been a while since I was in school.Any information would be appreciated.Thank you.

  • Reply shirleena January 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm

    I’m bipolar, I already have a BS from the ART Institute of CA-LA for Graphic Design. I want to go to UCLA to get another undergrad in production design. But I’m maxed out of loans, does anyone knows of any grants for people with bipolar?

  • Reply Jennifer Norman May 17, 2014 at 10:52 pm

    I am a 31 yr old, army wife, with 2 daughters, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, i was born without half of my left arm, and other various conditions. I live in ga, and i want to go back to school.. online and in class. What grants can i get to pay me while i attend school other than pell and hope and mycaa?

  • Reply David Mattler June 27, 2014 at 6:52 pm

    I am a 41 year old male who was involved in an automobile accident at the age of 2. I currently receive Social Security Disability benefits in the amount of $853 per month. Each month all of these benefits are exhausted as soon as I receive my check. I just enrolled to go back to school to learn Medical Billing and Coding and would like some help with day to day costs to achieve this. I am hoping for a better quality of life. Being disabled has enough challenges. Living in poverty cuts short a lot of dreams I have for my future. Is there anything available for me to receive financial assistance to make my future quality better than it is now?

  • Reply Tim July 16, 2014 at 2:54 am

    Can anyone advise as to how/where someone with strokes may apply for college grants?

  • Reply Jared Kinter January 14, 2015 at 7:07 pm

    Hello. Due to problems with Aspergers I had difficulty passing classes which resulted in me losing financial aide(I was not receiving a grant or loan for my disability). I tried to appeal as I am only 1 credit hour short of being able to continue the receiving aide my appeal was denied even though I admitted to having aspergers and have documented proof of it. I feel I am being treated very unfairly and would like to know if legally I can do anything about this treatment.

  • Reply Desiree Hertzog February 11, 2015 at 11:52 pm

    Hi I am going to be 50 in may I have not worked in almost 3 years and have been deemed permentely disabled , however today while in Therapy (Aqua Therapy) had to fight to get that the pt person told me sure I could go back to work but I am unable to do my current job as a Phlebotomist we discussed my options and decided that going for my RN License would be a great fit for me as I could become a head nurse or get an office job as an RN so many opportunities for me out there I have no financial resources and quite frankly I feel that the government would rather me work than pay me SSD ..I am not sure the cost but I know it is not cheap I plan on full time Is there anyone out there willing to help me./

  • Reply Shanda June 16, 2015 at 2:37 pm

    hi I have hydrocephalus im in my late 20s and I would like to go to college to better myself and try to find a career to take better care of myself. I been looking into programs to get into. My goal in life is to do something that wont affect my disability and to live a normal life

  • Reply Mya Smith November 24, 2015 at 4:14 am

    Hi, my name is Mya Smith and I’m a senior in high school. I’m currently looking for scholarships/grants so I can attend college. I was born with scoliosis and was wondering if anyone knew of any scholarships they have for this.

  • Reply Michael January 3, 2016 at 5:34 am

    My name is Michael. I stumbled across this website while browsing and after reading all the posts I feel a bit compelled to post my story. I am not looking for any grants or financial assistance. Not that that is important, I just want to make sure that everyone understands that there are ways for you to help yourselves. I suffered a massive stroke at 38 that should have killed me. I was paralyzed on my right side. I couldn’t walk and had trouble talking. I spent three weeks in a coma and the better part of three months in the hospital. I applied and was awarded SSDI. Everyone that has posted here knows that SSDI is not enough to survive. I had to do something to change my situation. I am a husband and father to two children. Before the stroke I was a business owner and was doing rather well so money wasn’t something that I was particularly accustomed to worrying about. After the stroke I could not return to the business in the same capacity, so I sold out to my partner. I spent a year feeling sorry for myself going through all the stages that one goes through in such a circumstance. Then I came to realize that life is just a series of random events caused by random events. It was what it was. The question I had to ask myself was what was I going to do about it. How would I change my situation. I decided that I had to go back to school. I needed a type of job that would accommodate my physical restrictions. I decided on finance. With a finance degree one can achieve a plethora of different career choices. I talked to the local state vocational rehab facility and they are helping with tuition and books. I also receive PELL and state grants. Everything is paid and I do not need to take out any loans. I also learned that social security allows you to work while receiving disability although there is a limit to how much you can make before it affects your disability award. That limit is $1090 per month in 2016. I found a part time work-at-home job through UHaul. They are always hiring if anyone is interested. I take reservations. So if you can talk on the phone you can be a productive member of society and be well on your way to self-sufficiency. I am a Junior now, a year to go then a year to do my MBA. I am not sure where I will land once finished with school, but I know there will be plenty of opportunities. There is one thing that I find myself intimidated about, and that is returning to the workforce at 40+. I know I will be competing with bright and young twenty somethings much prettier than myself. I believe though that with enough networking I will be ok. You can too, but you have to be willing to help yourself. Don’t play the victim and don’t spend your life waiting for someone to help you. You can help yourself. I hope that by reading my story someone else finds inspiration to take control of their future and make a better life for themselves.

  • Reply David E. Keller November 24, 2018 at 4:10 pm

    Great and informative….

    • Reply Mike Erby January 28, 2022 at 11:49 pm

      I wish it was that simple. I’ve been trying to find a job for almost 2 years and as soon as the wheelchair becomes known thats the end of any chance to get that job. I’ve been told to my face to come back when I’m walking but I don’t have legs they were amputated and I’m a spinal cord injury so I’m stuck in a wheelchair. But my problem in my mental health isnt capable of really working so thats a problem and businesses wont take a chance on a mental health patient so I’m left with trying to go to school and work for myself one day since business don’t hire crippled people in this country. Anyway I’m not smart enough or capable enough to understand how to get aid or grants thats the only way I can try school, I dont know where or how to apply and nobody seems to understand that part they tell me things to do but they don’t understand I don’t know where to even start. I don’t know if its a website you go to or a phone number to call, is there some kind of paper packet I’ll get to fill out? Who do I talk to about how to apply for aid and grants. I’m just not smart enough to understand any of this which is why I think its probably never going to work out. I’m a single retarted crippled dad of 2 boys and my only income is disability and medical bills just keep on coming. Plus i was stuck with all the debt in the divorce because I was disabled and didnt drive I wasnt allowed to have custody of my kids so I have to pay child support ontop of the disability dependent check she gets. plus she got the house, the cars, the money in the bank accounts, the structured settlement and the kids, I got $21,000 of debt and $12,000 of it she ran up while I spent a year in the hospital in recovery from an injury then stopped paying the bill she also did this on 2 other credit cards so thank you america for forcing me into suicide because divorce in this county is designed to bury the man to the point he can never recover even is your disabled and cant defend yourself cus your in the hospital and nursing home trying to stay alive.

      • Reply stew February 26, 2022 at 12:37 pm

        Sorry to hear about what you have been through Mike.

        I think going to school in your situation might just prolong the anxiety. If you do not have much income then trying to get a job and build a stable income first is likely a good call. I would probably suggest ignoring the debt if there is nothing you can do about it until some point you can do something about it. There is the ability to file for bankruptcy if you need to, but you might want to talk to a credit counselor first & see what all options you have.

        When life is unfair and miserable the only way to dig out of a hole is to focus on the things you can control rather than those you can not. Doing the former empowers you to see opportunity & create change. Doing the later just creates a dark swirl of emotions that then justify self destructive behaviors.

        There is nothing we can do to change any part of the path, but what we choose to focus our efforts and energies on is guaranteed to control our futures.

  • Reply Anonymous May 29, 2019 at 2:54 am

    Please contact your local vocational rehab center. They should be able to help disabled individuals on both SSI & SSDI in obtaining necessary services, including schooling, computers, daycare, mentoring and case management to get people back to work. If you are a Veteran try the VA or affiliated groups. Goodwill & Salvation Army corporate offices can sometimes help.
    Social Security has a “Ticket to Work” program but one need to read the fine print bf signing on.
    I’m not in a position to work yet but I hope to be one day. My first step would be vocational rehabilitation or your local work force commission. Next, try any non profit that has your specific disability as its main focus. Try pharmaceutical companies that have a vested interest in seeing their meds improve lives. In some cases it’s a matter of selling an idea to a company to back your education. Look into any company you may want to work with & ask them as well.
    Lastly, please remember that a four year degree is not what it used to be and it’s certainly no guarantee of success in this economy so don’t limit yourself to only one type Pflugerville educational opportunity. Mentoring is sometimes an even better way to learn a skill.
    Good luck to all.
    PS look at local disability groups for advice & support groups!

  • Reply Martin Clearman August 26, 2019 at 2:04 am

    Hi, My name is Martin and am on disability social security, medicare and medicaid—trying to continue education. Am very interested in bible studies online—-would need a grant to help me pay for school.

  • Reply Darin McCullough October 3, 2020 at 2:30 pm


    My name is Darin. I am looking to see if a grant would be available for me. I suffer from epilepsy and things for me are kind of limited. I cannot drive, operate machinery, climb ladders or scaffolds, etc. I am looking for something along the lines of psychology. I am looking to become a counselor. I want to help those whom have had a past like I had years ago with addiction. I lost so much because of it and I want to be the one to help those with an addiction. I want to help them realize that its not just their freedom that they can lose. I lost my parental rights and haven’t seen them since 2016. People need to know what they can do when they have someone to guide them through their addiction. It’s never too late. Can you help me find anything as far as a grant to help me get back into school and start a new? Thank you.

  • Reply Mike Erby January 28, 2022 at 11:32 pm

    I am just lost, I’m 38 disabled physically and mentally with a long list of disabilities and I am so overwhelmed trying to do all of this. Is there anywhere or anyone who I can talk to that can help me find and apply for financial aid and grants. I can’t afford to go to school just on disability and a part time job. I have 2 kids and Im a single dad so I’m struggling bad, medical bills just keep adding up and cost of living is killing me. The only way I get to go to collage is with aid and I don’t even know where or how to start. I’ve been excepted to a collage and I’m taking under graduate courses on Sophia for those who know what that is. I’m just so overwhelmed and my mental health goes downhill fast when I’m like this I just need help I don’t know what I’m doing and I’m not smart enough to figure it all out.

Leave a Reply